December 14, 2010
Why we have UAT when we have completed the system testing is a good question.
Actually what so ever we test in Unit testing, Integration testing or System testing, we test it as per software specifications. But UAT is done as per Business requirements, what customer has demanded is most important to test and that's why UAT is done at Customer site.
December 12, 2010
December 11, 2010
A test plan is created at each level of testing.
If we are doing Unit testing then that will be done against Unit test plan.
If we are doing Integration testing then that will be done against Integration test plan.
If we are doing System testing then that will be done against System test plan.
And above all is master test plan that is created at top level for managing complete testing and test resources for a project.
August 12, 2010
July 9, 2010
April 20, 2010
Error messages are generally othere type of help for the users which provided to them when they mistakes. After all we are here to help users. We guide them before using application, we guide them after doing mistakes. So, always test for error message (help). It's also very difficult for testers to find and display all the error messages but if you will try all combination of test cases hope you will be able to see all.
March 12, 2010
I have posted my earlier posts related to PayPal, because currently I was involved in integration testing of PayPal with my project cart module. I am not explaining here what Issues I got in my application or what was my test cases. But I want to say that when you do test, you can't sure that PayPal is working 100% fine, because no software is 100% bug free :) I am here going to prove same:
1) When I tested PayPal, I tested the reference transaction through PayPal and I am sure what I got is PayPal application issue. I did a transaction in live mode with test card number and as expected, transaction get denied. But when I generated the reference transaction with this transacion, the new transaction was with status "approved". Definately PayPal issue.
2) One another thing to share is card expiry date. In test mode, PayPal does not verify the card expiration date (and it should be), but about in Live mode? I got it, in Live mode also, PayPal was not verifying the card expiration date.
*Disclaimer: Issue reported in point (2), may or may not be issue. It may be customer requirement dependent also. So, I am not 100% sure, after all I am a website tester not the website owner :)
March 10, 2010
I get a real scenario when we can say that we can't believe on test results using test card numbers. I was doing testing of my application order process module with payment gateway PayPal integration. The test card I used for payment on my test server give me a test pass result for a scenario when user place an order and use Gift card also during checkout, but the same scenario fails when tested with live card. I really disappointed with it. So friends when you do this type of test, I will advice you all to repeat your test with live card on live server. In small companies or even in CMM5 level companies also, generally all test cases are not repeated with live card.
February 23, 2010
Web page is a complex entity. A web page is made of html, scripts, CSS, images and many more things. When a developer fix any issue or update the build, you may see the UI is same but don't know which script or CSS etc has been changed. So, make it a habit when doing testing/re-testing on web page, always reset your browser. If you are doing automation it is must do thing for better automation result.
January 21, 2010
My example is PayPal manager based:-
1) Test with valid card number with valid expiry but invalid CVV.
2) Test with valid card number with invalid expiry but valid CVV.
3) Test with valid card number with invalid expiry and CVV.
4) Test with valid details of expired/blocked card.
5) Test with valid card number, CVV and expiry date.
6) Test for reference transaction.
7) Test for billing/shipping details in payment manager.
8) Test for back payment to customer.
9) Test for "0" transaction.
10) Test for negative transaction.
January 15, 2010
Whenever you get chance for testing any web application admin/backend module and there is any option for disabling users, then always test for admin active/disable link.
Either you application should be under control of superadmin user or there should no link to disable admin user.
I have faced it during my project testing and my first case was same and as expected, "Backend Crashed".
1. Machine is accepting ATM card 2. Machine is rejecting expired card 3. successful entry of PIN number 4. unsuccessful operation du...
Test case is a condition which is executed for expected output with predefined set of steps with known inputs. Generally a test case have 1...
Hi, Lift are always as per requiremnts. So, It will not better to start with test cases without requirements. Here I am taking the simplest ...
1) test for ball or ink pen. 2) test for ink color (blue, red, what) 3) write with pen to see whether it works or not 4) check brand name an...
Test cases for payment gateway: My example is PayPal manager based:- 1) Test with valid card number with valid expiry but invalid CVV. 2) Te...
Hi Friends, This is the question asked by IBM interviewers to one of the candidate. "Client asked you to complete the testing with in...
Test case for Date field can be:- 1) test format which is allowed like mm/dd/yy or MM/DD/YYYY or which one allowed. 2)Test for boundary val...
(1) Which of the following is not one of the techniques to find defects a) Operational Techniques b) Functional Techniques c) Dynamic Techni...
Hi, Today We will discuss about "State transition test case writing technique ". Actually When we have to test something we ne...
Test cases are designed using test techniques as identified in test strategy. Test cases should be designed by stepwise elaboration of...