Lift are always as per requiremnts. So, It will not better to start with test cases without requirements.
Here I am taking the simplest example of metro rail lift used to get from Ticket floor (TF) to Platform floor (PF). Requirement is passanger should able to use lift to go and come back from Ticket floor to platform floor. Precondition is passanger is on TF.
1) When light is on for the lift and no request has been made to go from TF to PF, button light should Off.
2) When passanger made request for PF, button light should ON.
3) When button light is ON and if lift is available at TF, the door should open.
4) When button light is ON and if lift is not available at TF, the indicator light should indicate the movement of lift from PF to TF.
5) When door opens, it should made a sound.
6) When passanger is in the lift, if passanger press the hold button lift door should not close.
7) If pasanger press the lift close button, it should close immediately otherwise should close automatically after fixed time.
8) If lift fan is ON, and passanger press FAN button it should get OFF or vice versa.
9) Try to call using CALL button to help persons using lift.
10) Now test for overload, if lift is for 10 persons or 100KG weight, try for 11 or 12 persons to use the lift at one time.
11) Lift door should not open when lift is moving, even after pressing lift opening button.
12) Try to use Pass button of the lift to overcome an request.
13) Let lift is at PF, it should not move to TF if no request made at TF and vice versa.
14) Let passanger get in lift from TF anf starts moving to PF, then if other request made to PF, then lift should complete first request first and come back to TF after PF.
15) If electricity get gone, Lift should not make a major jerks and starts working on emergency backup.
Friends, there can be above 100 test cases depending on requirement. I just write the major test cases for simplest lift requirement. Please comment if any query.
1. Machine is accepting ATM card 2. Machine is rejecting expired card 3. successful entry of PIN number 4. unsuccessful operation du...
Test case is a condition which is executed for expected output with predefined set of steps with known inputs. Generally a test case have 1...
Hi, Lift are always as per requiremnts. So, It will not better to start with test cases without requirements. Here I am taking the simplest ...
1) test for ball or ink pen. 2) test for ink color (blue, red, what) 3) write with pen to see whether it works or not 4) check brand name an...
Test cases for payment gateway: My example is PayPal manager based:- 1) Test with valid card number with valid expiry but invalid CVV. 2) Te...
Hi Friends, This is the question asked by IBM interviewers to one of the candidate. "Client asked you to complete the testing with in...
Test case for Date field can be:- 1) test format which is allowed like mm/dd/yy or MM/DD/YYYY or which one allowed. 2)Test for boundary val...
(1) Which of the following is not one of the techniques to find defects a) Operational Techniques b) Functional Techniques c) Dynamic Techni...
Hi, Today We will discuss about "State transition test case writing technique ". Actually When we have to test something we ne...
Test cases are designed using test techniques as identified in test strategy. Test cases should be designed by stepwise elaboration of...