June 25, 2008
1) Sometimes there are active content that crashes the browser. The reason of crashing may be anyone, but that is definitely an issue with our site if working well for others.
2) Sometimes some client side scripts damages the user's system. How is it possible, by installing spyware and viruses through site.
3) Sometimes user's privacy is not maintained. It may be due to bad rogramming or due cookies or something else.
4) If someone has hached your personal information, then the misuse of personal information knowingly or unkowingly provided by the end-user.
It's important to know that "secure" browsers and servers are only designed to protect confidential information against network transfer. Without system security on both browser and server sides, confidential documents are vulnerable to interception.
June 23, 2008
Hi,What is Release? When will we do this?
Release is a common word having the meaning "prepare and issue for public distribution or sale". So, about which release you are talking about? Final release is definitely for the public/ customer.
But before final release these are always iterative internal releases. In terms of software a tester gets so many build release to test. After alpha testing, they are released for beta testing.
Hi ,Are u busy. Sorry to disturb u.What is build?How we will get the build?What we will do after getting the build?
How we will get the build, it depends on type of application and company strength.
Your project manager will always have a task for you with new build or old build, so you never to think about what to do will this new build. You have to think how to work with this new build.
June 20, 2008
A test run during System Testing is:
a. Error recovery.
b. Terminal handling.
d. Keyboard handling
Hi, the answer of the question is (a)- "Error Recovery" testing. why?
To know the reason first you should be familiar with bug and error.
First bug exists in the application and later it becomes error. That later stage is "system integration", that's why system testing is error recovery testing also.
June 16, 2008
1) Quality is the faith of customer.
2) Quality refers to achievements or excellence of an product.
3) A specific characteristic of an object defines it's quality.
4) Quality is capacity to do something.
5) A Product is said to be a quality product if it satisfies requirements of the customer.
6) Quality is degree of perfection.
7) Quality is a Fitness for Use.
8) Quality is customer's satisfaction.
9) Quality means fulfilling expectations.
10) Quality means satisfaction within budget.
Question:- Define System test?
1) System test is to verify if the whole system functions in correspondence to the system requirement.
2) System testing is usually performed after all modules, integration and unit testing have been successfully applied.
3) System test technique is normally black box test.
June 9, 2008
The first stage of checking a web-site is to make sure that you have valid HTML (or XHTML). This can be done with a HTML validator online or ofline. Your own browser may ignore certain errors, but there is a significant risk that markup errors will result in display problems in some browser or other.
There are sometimes reasons for including invalid HTML. For example some non-standard NOINDEX element, for the benefit of site search engine ranking. But you should only tolerate HTML validation errors if there is a clear need for the non-standard markup, and if you have tested the result in a variety of browsers.
Otherwise there should be no HTML validation errors and should be never, If you site is to work word wide, it should browser independent, with no HTML validation errors. Some online HTML validators are:-
June 6, 2008
Answer:- As per my experience what is browser dependent, "design and Scripts". If I have written the test cases for client side validations, then I need to re execute all the test cases in both browsers. But if this is work at server side, I will not execute even a single test case again. I need not to worry at all.
Design is always issue for different browsers, so check all pages on different browsers.
SDLC is phases are:-
1) Requirement Analysis
STLC is for testing. When testing will starts and when stops. Testing also never ends (it's only management decision on the basis of some milestones).
STLC phases are:-
1) Test Plan
2) Test design Specification 3) Test Case writing
4) Test case verification and execution
5) Test result and reporting
6) Regression and retesting
June 4, 2008
So many times I feel that application is behaving wrong and it should not behave like this. But when I raise this question in meeting, every times I got only one answer that "Customer is on the top".
Actually I also feel the same. But If you have client interaction you will get to know that client is not familiar with that issue at all. What you will do at that time. You have to keep your job, but this mean you will not tell the client about the issues, just only test what client says, not to test those test cases, which needed for the application. Think about it, and reply me back, what you think. I got a chance to talk with client, who is very technical, he said me to think logically and act in testing with test to break attitude. But if I do that, sometimes I get unexpected comments from my seniors. In this situation what do you think, what you should do?
Reply your comments, then I will tell you, how to manage this situation.
1. Machine is accepting ATM card 2. Machine is rejecting expired card 3. successful entry of PIN number 4. unsuccessful operation du...
Test case is a condition which is executed for expected output with predefined set of steps with known inputs. Generally a test case have 1...
Hi, Lift are always as per requiremnts. So, It will not better to start with test cases without requirements. Here I am taking the simplest ...
1) test for ball or ink pen. 2) test for ink color (blue, red, what) 3) write with pen to see whether it works or not 4) check brand name an...
Test cases for payment gateway: My example is PayPal manager based:- 1) Test with valid card number with valid expiry but invalid CVV. 2) Te...
Hi Friends, This is the question asked by IBM interviewers to one of the candidate. "Client asked you to complete the testing with in...
Test case for Date field can be:- 1) test format which is allowed like mm/dd/yy or MM/DD/YYYY or which one allowed. 2)Test for boundary val...
(1) Which of the following is not one of the techniques to find defects a) Operational Techniques b) Functional Techniques c) Dynamic Techni...
Hi, Today We will discuss about "State transition test case writing technique ". Actually When we have to test something we ne...
Test cases are designed using test techniques as identified in test strategy. Test cases should be designed by stepwise elaboration of...